Welcome to Friday.
This week was a big week for my brain. It’s been a bit migrainy which is unusual these days – because I’m taking meds to prevent migraines, but, the thing with that is, it doesn’t stop them completely. Nothing does. That would take magic. (When volcanoes erupt and other things interfere with the barometric pressure, shit happens.)
Also, I finished the hard part of [Leave a message]. The initial writing. The taking a sliver of an idea and turning it into 75k of words that (hopefully) make sense. I know there is a beginning, a middle, and an end. I also think I forgot a few things on the way, so, I fully expect to hear about that. 🙂 🙂
Pretty sure Crockett set someone up to go through photos but I never went back to it, so, did he ID the people? Who knows? Clearly, not me.
There was something else too, but, I can’t recall what. No doubt I wrote it down.
What else happened this week?
1. Omicron showed itself in Auckland. Pretty unimpressed about that. So, far, so good though.
2. A couple of copies of Soundbyte and Exacerbyte arrived from Oz. I only had 1 Soundbyte in the bookshop and one here. I like to keep a couple of each book at home. (Yes, that’s a lot of books.)
3. I discovered that my fancy pens take a regular biro refill.
4. Doris passed NCEA Level 1. Hooray!
5. The companion text for the Crime Writing course I teach arrived. I am most pleased. “Don’t kill the chicken!” is packed with honesty, it’s not for everyone but then again nor is this shitty industry!
6. I put my last cartridge in my fountain pen! Must remember to order more.
7. Had a phone case disaster. Ordered a Red Pepper case but it’s got a flaw and my phone won’t go into it. 😦 Luckily the seller gave me a refund (TradeMe is awesome) and I’ve ordered a replacement case. It’s different. I’m going to have to make sure my phone is in my bag and not my hand when I’m walking because I’ve ordered a Lunatik case and they are heavy as fuck. I just weaponised my phone. 🙂 🙂
8. Bloody neighbours are being very annoying again. All damn week. Just move out already, everyone is sick of your shit. Also, what happened to our real neighbours? It’s a mystery.
9. The Facebook event is now live for “Inside Quote Marks”. Yay.
10. I upgraded our disposable masks to Kn95 masks.
That’s about it really, apart from lots of baby cuddles. 🙂 🙂
Welcome to Friday.